April 20, 2018
For many people Monday to Friday can be crazy, stressful and out of hand however with some of my top, easy tips I hope to provide some strategies to set yourself up for a successful week.
On a Sunday I use a majority of the day to help set me up for the week; thanks to Leanne Baker who is Organising the Four of Us, I refer to my Sunday’s as ‘Set Me Up Sunday.’ All the jobs I tick off my list on a Sunday are to help prepare me for the week ahead and make the days run smoother.
An average ‘Set Me Up Sunday’ for myself includes:
• Giving my bento box, lunch box and drink bottles a really good deep clean
• Cooking, baking and preparing my lunches and snacks for the week
• Getting my work/university, dance teaching/gym outfits out for the week (I look at the weather and plan my clothes and shoes around that. I hang them all up on coat hangers and either hang them in my wardrobe or on the back on my bedroom door)
• Vacuuming the inside of my car and removing any items that have made their way in there during the week
• Syncing my phone to my Mac and copying all photos over
• Dividing all my tablets and vitamins up for each morning and evening
• Emptying any rubbish or bits and pieces out of my handbag, dance bag, university bag and work bag
• I have a really long, warm shower. I wash my hair, use a body scrub and cleanse my face. I usually do this around 3pm therefore my hair is dry after dinner and I can then straighten it ready for the week
• Every fortnight I will wash my sheets, dry them and re-make my bed
• Plan my week ahead
There are lots of other jobs that you could add to this list to help during the week:
• Cooking and preparing dinners for the week
• Packing work bags, children’s’ child care, school or sport bags
• Making sure all washing, and ironing is away
• Emptying all rubbish bins
• Disinfecting all devices (you’d be shocked and disgusted how many germs live on these things)
Whilst these lists might seem overwhelming and large I have worked out that my Monday to Friday schedules do not run smoothly at all if I don’t make the extra effort on a Sunday. I end up stressed and tired if I haven’t prepared myself properly. Also remember your weekly set up doesn’t have to be a Sunday, it could be on a Monday or any other day that works best for you.
Some of Padtastic’s products are a great way to help with your weekly set up. I use my Leanne Baker Daily Planner to keep track however a Padtastic notepad or notebook would work just as well! Write a list first thing of the morning or even the night before and then spend your day focused on that. Make sure you tick off tasks once you’ve completed them and celebrate your achievements at the end of the day/evening!
Like I apply in many facets of my life I find a little extra preparation helps me in the long run; whilst I’m not always motivated on a Sunday I know that in order to live the busy life I do and be successful I have to prepare myself.
“Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.”
- Robert H Schuller
I hope this has helped give you some ideas or tips that will help you to have a successful and productive week. I’d love to know if you do any sort of ‘weekly set up’ on the weekend.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 22, 2021
June 22, 2021
June 01, 2021